Saturday, November 13, 2010

Holding On

From time to time , I listen to gospel songs on my computer while during my homework inside the dorm. Out of all the songs that I hear this one song touches me more than any other . . The two sisters of Mary Mary, must have been going through something when they began to write down this song in their books!

Just listen to the words . . .


There will be mountains that I will have to climb
And there will be battles that I will have to fight
But victory or defeat, it's up to me to decide
But how can I expect to win If I never try.


I just can't give up now
I've come too far from where I started from
Nobody told me the road would be easy
and I don't believe he brought me this far to leave me.

Things get hard from time to time, whether it be finances , school, or people . . . we all come to a point where we just want to call it quits. I even get to points like these, where I just cant take anymore. . . My dilemma is I always seem to question, "why does everyone who doesn't praise God always succeed at a faster rate?" But then I'm reminded in the bible that non believers are getting their riches here on Earth , while Christians are storing there's up in heaven. Remember that joy comes in the morning...Job lost everything, the three Hebrew boys were in the furnace, Daniel was in the lions den, Jonah in a whale, and David vs. Goliath...So whatever your going through , God has your back.If God gave it to you, then he knows you can handle it. . So remember that sometimes you gotta go trough the rain first, just to get the rainbow !

2 comments:

  1. I sing this song all the time.
    nice post once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks , and me too ! its like my theme song . . . =)

    ReplyDelete