Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blessing Delayed isn't Blessing Denied...

Mostly these days so many people are getting used to living in a "hot-pocket" society. When I say that I mean the concept of sticking something in the microwave, and in seconds "BEEP" its done. We want things right now, right at the moment, right in the midst of our storms in life. We have gotten so accustomed to technology and the fast-paced world, that we are starting to think prayer and GOD works like that also.  Sadly to say He doesn't. One of the best virtues a Christian can have is something called patience. Patience not only builds courage, and strength, but it grows character. A lot of people in todays world like "being characters" but they don't have character. Praying over something is one of the best weapons you can use against the enemy, and to get closer to GOD with. It's one thing the Devil will never be able to take from us. But the Devil will discourage you and tell you that..."you prayed, and nothing is happening." But thats when you stand firm, and say to yourself.."a blessing delayed does not mean a blessing denied." Meaning that I know GOD is up in heaven putting together some remarkable things for my life, and until He does those things I am going to SERVE Him...It's crazy how a blessing rushed could in fact be a curse if you get it too early..That's where we go to the subject of US making things happen, instead of letting GOD make things happen..I just want to encourage you on today, to stay strong, don't grow weary, don't worry, just keep smiling and loving the Lord with ALL your heart, and know that even if He doesn't do all you want Him to do..He is still ABLE to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, I needed to read this. I've just had a promotion after working for my company for 11 years. I had expected the promotion 9 years ago. When it finally happened, instead of being grateful, I felt angry that it took so long to happen after praying for so long. But the words, ".It's crazy how a blessing rushed could in fact be a curse if you get it too early..." really comforted me. God's time is truly the best time and it made me realize that I need to be humble and accept God's blessings when he gives them to me. His way and plan are always BEST.

    ReplyDelete